Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sacrifice

Noun: Surrender for the sake of something else; Something given up.

I guess in life at one time or another we have all sacrificed something. It might be something small or large. No matter what a sacrifice is a sacrifice.
Do we all sacrifice things in hope to be rewarded something greater in the future? Do we sacrifice until it hurts or just until it’s uncomfortable? Or do we sacrifice because that’s what God did for us?

We (my family) are currently traveling on a path that started 2 ½ years ago, a path that we prayed for, a path that we have trusted God with. God has been amazing! Over this past 2 ½ years we have sacrificed a lot. So much, at times we do question it. Is it worth all of this? What will the outcome be? Can we do this? I must remind my self of what Jesus did for all of us, he gave his life! When I think about that, it makes what we are doing seem so small.

I guess today is a day that the sacrifices we are currently making are weighing more on me than normal. No one ever said that it would be easy. We stated this journey with God by our sides, and we will end it the same way.

No matter what life gives us, we must in return give it to God. He is way more capable of handling it than we are. So today as I am constantly reminded of the path God has laid out for us, and the sacrifices we are making, I am thinking of the ultimate sacrifice he made for us.