Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Disney World....Day 2

We woke up early and were all excited to head out to MGM Hollywood Studios. We were a little nervous about the weather since scattered thunderstorms throughout the day were expected. I decided that since the chance of rain was so high on this particular day we should head to a park where we could spend the most time inside. MGM has a lot of covered rides and rides that are indoor. We headed out by 8:30 and made the short trip to MGM. Since we had never been to this park Christian would ask what kinds of rides they had. I knew about the Tower Of Terror, and was excited about riding it with Christian. We saw it from a distance driving there and Christian started getting very excited. He asked what the ride was about, and I explained that you walk around in a haunted hotel and get inside an elevator and ride around. I conveniently left out the part where they take you up 13 stories and drop you. We walked through the hotel, and reminded him that everything was fake and there were no REAL ghost. We got on the elevator and made our way around, I had my arm around Christian the whole time. The ride takes you up 2 floors and drops you , then about 5 floors, then 7 floors until the final time you are all the way to the top, you go up and stop the doors open and you look out above the whole park. The doors close and you drop 13 stories!! Christian wasn’t a fan of the ride, on the first drop he was bent over and practically in my lap screaming and crying for the ride to be over. I loved it, he did not! This started him asking about every single ride from here on out! I think he knew I tricked him…..just a little!

We enjoyed the whole Hollywood look, and the rides. Since Toy Story 3 is a huge thing right now, we saw the characters all over the place. We even ran into a few army men! We had a little rain here and there and one good down pour, but luckily it was around lunch time so we were inside. We hit a few shops and watched to parade before calling it a day. We headed back to the hotel and spent some time in the pool relaxing!!

Since it was July 4th we wanted to head out to catch some fireworks. I read where Downtown Disney was having a show that night and it was free. We headed across the street and I guess about 1,000 other people had the same idea. It was CRAZY!!! You couldn’t even walk around anywhere without literally running into everyone. We walked around about 10 minutes and saw a sign posted that the firework where canceled due to the weather. There was no reason for us to be there so we headed back to the hotel, and hoped we would hit the shops again Monday night and there would be a lot less people.



 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa