Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas Morning

When you have kids, Christmas take a whole new meaning on. One, being able to teach them about the real meaning of Christmas, and why we celebrate it. Second, watching there faces just light up! I finished my shopping pretty early this year, so I was able to enjoy Christmas a little more. Instead of running around town at the last minute to finish my holiday shopping. It was also nice since Michael was still out of town, and I didn't have a lot of time by myself.

I woke up early to start breakfast so it would be finished by the time our gifts were opened, and for my parents and grandparents when they arrived. I had made everything the night before so all I needed to do was put it in the oven and head back to bed for a little longer. I honestly thought the boys would be up by 7, since they are every other morning. Since we let them stay up a little later the night before they are pretty exhausted. Around 8 when breakfast was already done, in the over staying warm, we decided to wake them up. Normally they are not the greatest morning people, but when the woke up and realized it was Christmas morning they had not problem running into the living room.

 


I absolutely love there faces coming around the corner to see what new things that had gotten.

 

 
Posted by Picasa


It only took about 30 minutes for the both of them to rip through everything!!

Christian had been asking for a DSi XL for the past couple of years, so we finally decided this year would be the year. He got A LOT of Lego's, enough to keep him busy for a while! He got a few games, movies, and some clothes.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa



Colin is all about Toy Story 3! He got most of the characters from the movie, along with the movie. He also got a new tricycle! Can't wait for warmer weather to take it to the park! He got some cars, puzzles, and a few clothes as well.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


That afternoon we headed over to my parents house for lunch and Christmas with them. Between my sister and me there are five grandkids; 1, 2, 4, 6 and 13 years old. It's never quiet over there and always hectic. Christian got more Lego's and games. Colin got a couple more Toy Story characters, and his own Lego's. (So he can be just like Christian!)

 

 
Posted by Picasa


We had a great Christmas, spending it as a family and celebrating the birth of our savior. We are truly blessed!