Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Um...what was that?!?!?

A couple of weeks ago on my lunch I needed to run by the bank, so I jumped on one of the “know” main roads and headed out. I travel this road quite often, so when I turned on to it I turned the radio up and was just cruising down the road. The street is completely straight, and have exit ramps to leave the road. As I mosey on down the road I notice this big sign that normally isn’t there…..and thought “did I just see that?” I continue down a little more and see another sign about the same size on the opposite side of the road so once I passed it I turned around to see what it said. Puzzled once again. The first thought that came to my mind was, a church or group must be having a scavenger hunt. My theory was quickly shot, when about 3 miles later I saw another huge sign…..this one said…….”Welcome To Georgia…The Peach State.” Duh…I knew where I was!

If you ever travel from state to state once you arrive to the next state line you are always welcome by one of the signs. However….I was nowhere near another state. Especially “North Carolina,” “Virginia” or “Maryland” the first signs I saw. I then saw that two lanes were closed, and there was a HUGE film crew, camera’s and people everywhere……they were shooting a movie!! How cool!! Come to find out it was a new Jennifer Anniston movie shooting, “Wonderlust” and she was in town about 15 minutes from where I was at a little café shooting a few scenes. Recently, our current Governor passed a law letting movie companies to have a huge tax break if they came and shoot movies here. Well we have been seeing a lot of this lately and it’s kind of cool, to pass one as they were filming…..maybe you’ll see my big-ole car in the scene shot on that road!

Kind of neat to watch a movie and know exactly where there are!