Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Master Bedroom update!!

So if you remember back a few weeks ago I said I wanted to re-do our bedroom! I kind of had an idea of what I wanted, I just had to get Michael on board. Which was easier than I thought. I just told him he could buy a new TV and he was sold! It was up to me to decided on the rest. I figured I could do it no problem. Easier said than done.....I have the worst time picking out a paint color! I stood in Lowe's for about 10-15 minutes looking at paint colors trying to decided. I text Michael and said I couldn't do this. I guess picking out a color with out him, I was so scared I would pick a color he would hate. He told me the only thing he requested was NO BLUE! Which is fine by me! I just made the decision and had the paint mixed up before I could change my mind!!

I knew kind of the over all look I wanted, but also knew it would be a work in progress. So over Memorial weekend we started painting. Since our room was a dark brown-ish color we knew we would have to prim first and hopefully get away with one coat. I took of on Friday and after taking Christian to school we started with our first coat. Prime! While it dried we rode out to find new curtains. I knew I wanted white ones, so we headed to JC Penny to see what they had. Honestly I will never buy curtains from any other place other than there. I have gotten ones from other stores, and they do not compare to the quality of JC Penny. We walked in and were looking at the bedding. They had a set up of some bedding and it had white curtains. I walked over took one look and feel and that was it. They were the ones I wanted, plus I had a coupon.

We went back home and the walls were ready for the first coat of paint. I was a little scared putting it on the wall, because it looked a little blue. After a little time it moved from blueish to the gray color I wanted. I was so relieved! That night we ended up sleeping in the living room, and on Saturday morning I knew the walls had to be finished that day. I was not sleeping on the couch another night, and Michael was not sleeping on the floor! I'm not really sure why the idea didn't cross our minds before, but we have a guest room...with a bed. Hello!! Oh well! We ended up having to put a third coat of paint on the walls but I love how they turned out!

Sunday we went out, and Michael bought the TV I promised him, and I found an awesome mirror!! I found it at our TJ Maxx Home Goods store....I LOVE that store. They have the best stuff if you are decorating your house. I have always wanted a mirror that sits on the floor and leans on the wall. This mirror works perfect! It's a little over 7 feet tall and has a white distress look on the edging. And for $100 you can't beat that!

I bet you just can't wait to see it finished....I know the suspense is killing you?!?!

No comments: