Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Corn Maze

A few weeks ago we decided to head out to the pumpkin patch. We had always gone to the same
place every year. It was nice to actually go and find a pumpkin and pick it. However there isn't always a ton of things for the kids to do. For the amount of money we pay you would think the kids would have a lot to do. So, we opted to hit another place. It was a corn maze and had tons of things for the kids, however you do miss the experience of picking your own pumpkin. The boys had a blast, and I am happy with the decision to switch it up this year. We spent half the day there, and I'm sure if it wasn't for Colin needing a nap we might have stayed a little longer.

They had a ton to do that was free but of course they also had things that you could buy tokens for. Of course all the fun things that you have to pay for were the things that the boys wanted to do. The first thing Christian wanted to do was the bungee jump. We stood there and watch a few people go first, and then he was ready to go. At first he was so pumped about it, and even said he wanted to go high.


Getting all hooked up!


The face of some one who shows no fear!


Getting started.....


and going high.....


Then the fear set in. He wasn't jumping high for 1 minute and he was yelling he was ready to stop. Once he got off he said "that was cool!"
They kept saying they had a petting zoo with different kinds of animals, and we even bought a bag of food to feed them. However once we got over to that area they had one little white pig. That Colin loved!! He chased it all around. The pig wanted nothing to do with him, but he was determined to catch it. There was a small box that had 2 bunnies in it, sleeping and 1 goat. That was it. Talk about a great petting zoo. It only last about 5-10 minutes max, and we were told that the animals had eaten a lot that morning and most likely would not eat anything we tried feeding them.


Colin has become so independent and I love just watching him go about things by himself, and explore new things.


I just love his blue eyes!



They had a cow train and Christian was all about riding it, but Colin was not into it at all. The only way he would ride it was if I rode with him. This is the only picture I will post about the ride. For some reason Michael thought he would take picture of my trying to get into it and get out of it. The seats are really made for one person, but since Colin was not going to ride it alone the guy insisted I would fit just fine.




Christian loved the rope swing! I was so afraid that he would loose his grip and fly off that thing. The guy was swinging it so fast, and I just held my breath until it was over.


I Love how when Colin is playing he is so intense. He is in such deep thought!





They had an old plane that you could climb in and the boys loved it!



I love both of their little faces peeking out each window!





Even a real race car! Christian could not figure how to get in. He said "Mommy wear is the handle!" When I told him they didn't use a regular door handle, they climbed in through the window. He jumped in!



Smile!



This was our attempt at a half way decent picture of both of the boys. Christian was all about it, and Colin I still am not sure what he is doing. The look, and leaning on the pumpkin, and hand on his leg...how old are we?


I think the one thing I thought they would totally love would be the giant pillow. Kind of a huge air filled pillow and trampoline put together. Colin just ran around it, and then I caught him playing in the dirt, or as he said "I'm playing in the sand!"


Christian on the other hand....LOVED IT!! I kind of wish I had one in the back yard, how cool would that be?!?!




Over all we had a great afternoon, the weather was perfect and the boys had a ball. I think we will be hitting this place up next year. I hear during the winter months they set up a ice rink outside and have bon fires and ice skating.




No comments: