Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a fabulous Easter! Spending time with friends and family celebrating our risen savior Jesus Christ!

Michael and I had been talking about visiting other churches but just hadn’t done it. So I figured Easter Sunday was as good as any to make the move. I was a little nervous about going by myself but, I just sucked it up and went. There is a church right down the street from us and we pass it every time we go to my parent’s house. I knew of a few people from high school that attended there as well as a few co-workers. I did my homework before hand, and checked out their website. Mainly to see what their children’s program was like. I can always find a small group that we could fit into, but going to a church with a great children’s program is so important to us.

So we got up early and the kids opened their Easter baskets, and I fixed chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. If I didn’t already think they were going to get a ton of candy and sweets that day, I started off with chocolate!







They both got a new shirt, to wear that day of course. Candy, sidewalk chalk, small games, and a few other little nick-knacks. I knew that they would be getting a lot of candy from the egg hunt that afternoon, so I went a little light.

I decided to attend the early service thinking that it wouldn’t be to packed out. I was wrong, it was super packed! I left a little early so I would have enough time to take both boys to their classes. It was so nice to drive literally 2 minutes down the road to get to church! Christian’s class was like a big children’s church for kids from kindergarten to 5th grade. They had one large group where they sang songs and just hung out together. Then they broke up into smaller groups according to their age group and had a little bible lesson. I knew going to a church that was one close to us, but also close to where he went to school there would be probably be a couple of kids he would know. We walked in and he started crying, and didn’t want me to leave. I felt horrible! I knew he would be ok after a few minutes, but it’s still hard leaving him upset. One of the ladies there was so nice, and took him around and introduce him to a couple other little boys and stayed with him for a while until he got comfortable.

I knew Colin would have a hard time and I was right. I tried to bribe him with the fact they had a train table and trains in there, which he LOVES, but it didn’t work. I just had to hand him over and walk away. I knew he would be taking care of. I walked past Christian’s room and he was standing there next to the teacher not moving and looking around. I went and found a seat, and ended up next to a good friend from work and her husband. I made it through the whole service without having either one of my numbers flashed up on the big screen to come and get my kids, so the was a huge plus. I picked up Colin first, and poor thing looked like he had cried the whole time. The teacher said he didn’t really want to do anything, or eat any snack. Maybe we will have better luck next week. Christian on the other hand was having a blast when I picked him up! He was over at the air hockey table playing with another boy from school. He was talking a mile a minute about everything they did! I was so excited that he had a great time. We got to the car and he was already talking about wanting to go back next week! I was so glad he had a good time, and it was such a great feeling hearing him talk about what he learned and all about Jesus!

We headed home, and had a mini-photo-shoot (pictures to come!) before heading to my parents for lunch and egg hunt. We had a great lunch, and my mom made these cute cookies! They were as good as they looked too!




The boys hunted eggs and got a gift from my parents before heading home for a little nap!








No comments: