Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A playroom dilemma....

So I have a little dilemma and would love to see what you all think. We have lived in our house for about 6 ½ years, and it was a perfect starter home. Christian was 3months old and we could see ourselves living there for a couple of years before upgrading to a larger house to continue growing our family. It’s a 3 bedroom ranch, 2 bathroom with a bonus room above the garage. Moving from an apartment we felt like we were gaining so much more space! Well, six years later, a down turn in the economy, another child we are still in our starter home and are running out of space. Imagine that! We are going through a lot of things, (job wise) and with the economy still bad selling the house is not an option, and that’s OK. But now it’s time to get creative on our space dilemma! Christian and Colin both have their own rooms across the hall from each other. We have our room and own bathroom, and our bonus room is our guest room. I don’t really like the fact of putting Christian up stairs, and don’t want to make it a play room seeing as we are never up there. Over time our room has also become an office! I don’t really like having our desk in there, it’s kind of big, and takes up a lot of space. I would love to have a designated playroom. I have kept both of their rooms as organized as possible with their toys, but for some reason every night I am picking up toys in every other room of the house. I would love to have a super organized play/learning room for the boys to enjoy, and we will one day when we can move and have a basement. However I need one now! So here is my thought….the boys are 4 years apart but play awesomely together. Last year for Christian’s birthday my mom and dad re-did his room with a fire station theme, and I love it. He is in a twin bed and does have floor room to play. Colin is in his “toddler bed” and it took me forever to get to that point! I was thinking about moving Colin into Christian’s room with them both having a twin bed. Turning Colin’s old room into a playroom, with my desk in the corner. That way if I am on the computer I am in the same room, or me just getting on the floor with them to play we have more space. As well as having all their toys in one place (at least attempt to have them in one place) Both would share the fire station theme, but the playroom would be super organized and so much more room to play.

I love all the playrooms that are featured in the Pottery Barn kids magazines, and would try and go that way. I want to put a table in the center of the room that can be used for building trains on, playing cars or games. Or even just to get paper and crayons and color away! Of course I would use the bin system to keep everything neat…which could lead to an IKEA trip!!

Any thoughts?? I would love to hear….good and bad. I can handle it!