Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Parent-Teacher Conference

Monday and Tuesday of this week was early release for Christian at school, which also mean Parent-Teacher conferences. I am a very involved parent, so this is not my first conversation with the teacher this year. I love having the ability to email her and she responds very quickly. The county we live in moves at a super fast paced and my fear is that Christian will get behind. I try and stay on top of everything going on, and do my part to makes sure he stays on track. Also I love having his grades email to me as well. He doesn’t always bring home all his graded papers and all I have to go by is how he said he is doing. The only thing that worries me, and has since pre-k was the social part of it. Christian is his momma and is a total social butterfly. Christian is also very smart, and I’m not just saying that because he is my kid, he really is. Every teacher, pre-k, kindergarten, first and now second, everyone always comments on how smart he is. I hear constantly “Christian’s brain is wired and works like no other student.” I totally believe it!! Christian has the ability to completely think outside the box about everything. For example, she said the other day on the way back from art class where they had been learning about sunflowers. In the hallway the teacher asked the students to line up against the wall and act like sunflowers. Every student stood up tall and proud to be a sunflower, except for Christian. He was bent half way over with his arms dangling down. The teacher asked “what are you doing?” and he replied “I’m a dead sunflower, I am bent over and wilted.” She just laughed. She never asked them to be alive sunflowers, so he would just be different and be a dead one.

Tuesday was my conference and I walked in and sat down. His teacher had a folder with his name on it and just smiled and said “Christian, Christian, Christian….” I laughed and replied “what, he’s one in a million?” Which she replied “Oh yes!” She started by saying how sweet, compassionate and loving he was, and she could see he has such a big heart! (That makes me proud!) She laughed because she is learning something about him every day. She was overall happy about his grades, he has 2 A’s and 4 (high) B’s! Which she followed up by, “these are his grades and he really doesn’t try hard. If I could get him to put some effort into his work he would have straight A’s.” Which I totally agree. I see it while he is doing his homework. He does it so fast because he just wants it done. There have been times where I make him re-do his homework because he goes to fast. It’s something we are working on daily with him, and she sees it so hopefully together we can nip it in the butt and get him to take his time.

He is on a higher level for reading than what is required, which is great. He LOVES reading, and he is getting excited about reading books that are a little bit more challenging to him. So we have some things to work on, and over all I am really happy how the year is going. He has a great teacher, and that means a world of a difference. As always working on spelling. There are weeks he does great and then there are weeks not so much. Hopefully we can spend a little more time on these things and we will all have a successful remainder of the year!

I give so much credit to all the teachers, because I know there jobs at times is not easy, and they by far do not get enough credit for it. Thank you to all you teachers!!

No comments: