Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mommy and Christian Weekend!!

My parents were out of town this past weekend, to Kentucky for a family reunion, and decided to take Colin and Adelyn along for the ride. Which meant that Christian and I would be able to spend the whole weekend just the two of us! I was excited to spend quality time with him, since he shares the attention with Colin. I dropped Christian off at school Friday morning and then headed to my parents to drop of Colin before heading to work. I knew he would be fine with my parents, but it’s still hard leaving him. I gave him a big hug and kiss, and preceded to leave. I wanted one more so I asked Colin to give me another hug and kiss, in which he responded to “I already did mommy!” Ugh, it broke my heart. I kept it together and shed just a couple of tears on the way to work.

The only agreement I had with my parents were they would take Colin and Christian and I would sleep at their house to watch Ebony, the dog. No biggie, she is a great dog and kind of lazy. However Friday night she got up 5 times to go out to the bathroom. It was a long night, and I called Saturday morning and told my dad I was ready to switch and wanted Colin back.

We went back home for a while Saturday morning to clean, do laundry and just catch up on things that get neglected during the week.

I decided to take Christian to a movie, so we headed out for a early afternoon movie of “Spy Kids 4 in 4D!” It was a cute movie, and he enjoyed it. The theater was packed out!




Afterwards we went and ate lunch, then hit the Lego store. He loves Lego’s, and is always wanted something new but never wants to spend his money always mommy and daddy’s money. After checking out all the new stuff we headed home with a stop at Chick-fil-A for an ice-cream.



Saturday night we were back at my parents house and we broke out a game. Christian had gotten a few games for Christmas but we have yet to play them all. So we decided on Monopoly Jr. I explained the game, and basically how to win, but he was more worried about how much money he had instead of how many ticket booths he had. At one point he told me, “ha you’re out of money!” which I was down to $1.00!! However I had bought every property I landed on and it was only a matter of time before he landed on them and had to pay. Overall it was a great night and I so enjoyed spending all that time just the two of us.



Sunday we went to church, went home for lunch and a nap. The nap was awesome!! I don’t get to take naps like that with boy of them there, it gets to loud and I’m worried what they will eventually get into. We picked up dinner on the way back to my parents and ended up making cupcakes that night for when everyone came back in town. Before we knew it, Monday rolled around and it was time to start the week.

I am SO happy for the weekend we had together just us! I love both of my boys, but think it is so important to let them each have alone, quality time alone with us.







No comments: