Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Attack of the ANTS!!!

So 2 weeks ago I had the worst time with ants! It was horrible!!! Monday night I was sitting on my bedroom floor and noticed a few ants where the hard wood meets the carpet leading into our room. I killed them and thought that was it. Tuesday morning I woke up and turned the lights on and walked out of the room and there they were again, but had about double in amount. I attempted to kill as many as I could, and found some ant spray in the garage, that was safe to use inside. I sprayed all along the baseboards and trim. That afternoon once we got home, they were gone! Yippee….I thought! Until Thursday morning. I woke up took a shower, got things together and about 10 minutes walked back into the bathroom to discover about 100 black ants all over the floor. I went and put a pair of shoes on so I could step on them to kill them but they were not dying. They were being quite stubborn! I got the spray again and went all along the baseboards in the bathroom. That afternoon once we got home, I walked in and there were not more ants just hundreds of dead ants. After getting everything all cleaned up, I thought surely that was it. Nope, then came Friday!! The worst day by far. After starting to get ready I walked into our closet to get my pants; I had a bag that had fallen off the shelf and a white skirt that had fallen off the hanger. I looked down and my white skirt was no longer white it was black, because it was covered by the stupid ants!! I was so mad!! I grab up what I could and threw it all in the bathtub and ran and got the spray again. I know you are supposed to spray along the base boards but by this point, 3 days of dealing with it I was pissed. I spray everywhere! I swear there were hundreds of them, and it seemed like they were just coming out of everywhere. Once I took care of the closet, Christian yelled that there were some in our bedroom. I quickly moved as much furniture away from the wall and sprayed all along the room. Keep in mind that it took an extra 30 minutes each morning out of my limited time already to deal with these little pest. I quickly dried my hair, got the kids ready, and ran out the door. Leaving with my shoes in hand, no makeup, no shoes on Colin, it was just the craziest morning by far! I rushed to get Christian to the day care to get to school, in which on the way he told me “mommy you need to relax!” So easy for him to say, he didn’t know what I just had dealt with. I called Michael, which I woke him up and just vented to him. Not like he could do anything about it right then, but it sure did make me feel better. I explained that I didn’t understand why we were having such a hard time with them, we have lived in our house for 7 years and never have had a bug or Ant issue what so ever. I knew they were probably trying to get in from the heat, or looking for water but it was driving me crazy. We have our house treated every year from the exterminator on top of Michael treating every summer around the house, the yard and everything. Then he said, “I do treat every year, however this year with his work schedule he did not do anything.” That was why we were having such a hard time. That night he stopped by home depot and pickup stuff to treat around the house, the yard, and inside as well. I am happy to say since then, I have not seen a single ant. I have though swept up a lot of dead ones from the hardwood, but I will take dead ones over live ones any day!

No comments: