Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Colin's Check-Up!

Colin had his 3 year check up at the doctor last week. I still can’t believe that he is 3! The appointment took about 2 hours and he did fabulous!!

Here are his stats:

Weight: 32 lbs (50%-75%)
Height: 38” (50%-75%) She did say he grew 3 inches this year!! WOW!!!
BMI: 15.5 (25%-50%)


He wasn’t up for any shots, which I was happy about. I know he needs them but I hate that it’s hurts him. He did receive a flu shot, but I opted for the flu mist vaccine. It’s a small shot looking thing but of course no needle that was administrated through his nose. He did not like it at all!!! I think the whole putting something in his nose, and the feeling of the actual liquid was all too weird for him.

He has always had a little larger gland in his neck, since he was born. The left side is the one that seems to be a little bigger. Normally when I see it getting large I can tell he is getting sick, even before a fever starts. The doctor said a few months back that it’s normal with some kids. There isn’t anything technically wrong, it just happens. She told me to keep an eye out for it, but should always say around the size of the tip of my finger. On this particular day it was a little larger than normal. She said it could be nothing or the first on set of something viral. She wanted to prick his finger and test his white blood cell count. When the nurse came in and pricked his finger Colin was in complete awe! He didn’t even flinch. He could not keep his eyes off what she was doing, it was complete fascination. She came back with the result and they were perfect! Not even the slightest off. She did give him an antibiotic anyways, and told me to watch it over the next 60 days for it to shrink. If for some reason it doesn’t then we will re-check it later. She wasn’t worried…so neither was I.

Other than that the doctor said he looked great!! I am so proud of how he did, with it being such a long appointment. He was rewarded with an Popsicle from the nurse before we left, and even snagged a sticker and lollipop too!! Have I ever said how much I LOVE our pediatricians?!?! They are awesome!!


Here he is hiding under the table waiting for the doctor to come in.

No comments: