Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

CVS-ing

So now that I am completely hooked on couponing, I have decided to venture out into the "CVS-ing" world. I'll explain, CVS gives extra care bucks when you purchase certain items. This week, for example, it was Aussie shampoo, $2.99 but when you purchase it you get $2.00 ECB, (extra care bucks) so it's like paying $.99 cents! I also had a coupon for $1.00 off any Aussie product, so technically I got it for free and earned $.01! How crazy is that?!?! When you first start you will be out of pocket money, but you should buy items where you will get the most ECB back. I had a coupon for $4 off a purchase of $20 or more that I used, along with my other coupons I had for the items I purchased. With all the items I bought, I earned $10 ECB and another $4 off $20 purchase I can use next time. I spent a total of $17.15 out of pocket, but saved $22.80, about 57% savings if you don't include the ECB I earned, 82% off if you count ECB. Next week I'll purchase more items that are on sale, that I have a coupon for, but also have ECB attached to them so I can continue the cycle. Most items that you can earn ECB on are personal items, so it's something you will always need. I have cleaned out a shelve in my hall closet to start storing all my items, hopefully FREE items. Walgreen's has a very similar program, and once I feel comfortable with the CVS-ing thing, I will visit my local Walgreen's, to see how much money I can save!

Things I purchase:
1- Aussie Shampoo
1- Aussie Conditioner
1- Desitin Diaper Cream
1- Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo
1- Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion
1- 10 Pack Disposable Razors
1- 2 pack Colgate toothpaste

(Not every item I earned ECB on, but everything I bought I had a coupon for. I needed to spend at least $20, before coupons to use my $4.00 off. If you have one of those use it first, and then use all your other coupons.)

2 comments:

The Goss Family said...

You are a mess...you and your Michael Bubble!

Shelli said...

So glad you are CVSing. I got to a point where I would have $10-$15 ECB's on me every time I shopped and I would keep rolling them to get more!