Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What happened to Customer Service???

That is the question...."What happened to Customer Service?" I mean it's not that hard. I work in Customer Service and trust me there are time's I just want to yell at a customer but I fake it and I am nice. I work for a company that has been around a while, over 104 years to be exact, and we have built a wonderful reputation based on our customer service. When I go to a place and have awesome customer service not only will I return, but will refer anyone I know there. That is a great way to grow your business. Any-who, on Tuesday I had my breaking point with my children's pediatrician's office. When you have a child it is very important to feel 100% comfortable with their doctor since you will be there a lot the first couple of years with well appointments but also sick appointments. When Christian was born this was the office on call at the hospital and I figured I knew people who used them, never heard any bad stories so why not give them a try. The first couple of years was fine, a few flaws but it's bound to happen. Once Colin was born, the problems started. It was little things, I had an appointment say at 9 I would bet there about 5-10 mins early but would have to wait for about 45 min to even be called to the back. Slowly over the next year it got worse, so much that in October when I took him because he had gotten sick, my appointment was at 9 and I didn't leave for 3 hours. I only saw the doctor for about 20 mins during that time, the rest of the time I spent in the waiting room. I would complain and never did anything about it. Fast forward to now, I have been trying to get a copy of his immunization record for almost 3 months. I have called 3 times to have them fax it, but never worked. So on Tuesday I called and told them I would be there that afternoon to pick it up. After work I drove out there, told the nurse I needed to pick up the form. She asked me who I talked to, I don't remember I was on hold for 11 minutes and spoke to 5 different people! Once they figured out who I talked to, and having to go to another office, the lady refused to give it to me! WHAT!! I called this morning and you said it would be ready! Apparently his last appointment was his 12 month appointment and since he had not has his 15 month appointment it was considered incomplete and I couldn't have it. I told her I have never been to a pediatrician office and had this many problems ever, and that I had found a new doctors office, and his 15 month appointment was there in 3 weeks. She said, then have them give you one! (Note: she didn't have a very nice tone with me.) AAHH, I was pissed! After saying a few other words, leaving the office only to got back in and say a few more words I finally left. (Don't worry I kept it clean!) She didn't even care, which was a great sign that I made the right decision to move. They have gotten so big, they have forgotten about simple customer service. Just be nice, call me and tell me I can't have it before I drive up there. I am excited about the change and hope the boys are too! I tell you what having 2 kids in a small room waiting for a doctor for over an hour doesn't work, trust me!

Moral of the story we all have bad days, we all don't feel like doing anything but just by be nicer can make someones day.

I'm now done venting my anger!!!

On another note, I was asked to show a picture of my new organized closet, so here it is:

1 comment:

Shelli said...

I bet you really gave that doctor's office lady your "Van Tilburg" temper!!! Good decision to go elsewhere! I love your closet - it looks like you have alot of added shelf space!