Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CVS....101

I have become a really big "teacher" on CVS-ing! I didn't know how it worked, but now that I have figured it out there is no turning back! I can't believe I hadn't been doing this for ever, so I thought I would give a little lesson. CVS has extra care bucks, ECB. ECB are given on certain items during the week. Most items are things everyone uses, so that's even a bigger incentive. First you need to have a CVS card, they are free and you can get them at any location. When you make your first trip remember you will be out of pocket money, if you have coupons for items you will be purchasing it will be less. Look at the ad for any items that you can earn ECB on. Nine out of ten times it will be on products used by most people. Aspirin, soap, toothpaste, things like that. You will want to buy products you can earn the most on. When you walk in the store the first thing I do is find the scanner at the front of the store for your CVS card. I seem to always have some kind of coupon from them, so it's a good thing to check first. My first trip I bought 1-shampoo, 1-conditioner, 1-pack of razors, and 1-box of toothpaste. The shampoo and conditioner gave me 2 ECB each, the razors gave me 2 ECB as well as the toothpaste. Total was 8 ECB, plus I received another 4 off 20 coupon. I bought a few other items but they didn't offer any ECB, but I needed to spend at least $20, since I had already received a 4 off 20 coupon. Since I am an serious couponer, each item I bought I had a coupon for, which saved me more money. My first visit I was OOP (out of pocket) $17.00. This past Saturday when I got the CVS ad, I started my research. I found items that I could earn ECB on. They where having a great sale anyway on items that you didn't earn ECB on, but I had coupons so it was worth it. I circled the items I wanted to buy, and went ahead and pulled my coupons out and paper clipped them to my ad. I always carry my coupon notebook with me, so I brought it in as well. I'm glad I did, they had items on sale that I hadn't seen in the ad, (they where there I guess I looked past them since I was really looking for ECB!) Any-who, I had coupons for them, so I whipped out my "handy dandy notebook." I bought 22 items and had a coupon for each one. Since I stock pile my coupons I have multiple coupons for one item. They had dish soap on sale this week for .99 cents, I had 3 coupons for that soap so I bought 3. On most items there is a limit on how many you can buy so just make sure you look for it. If you have a 4 off 20 you will want to use that coupon first, if you use your ECB and coupons first most of the time it will be less than $20, and you won't be able to use the 4 off 20 coupon. Then hand over your ECB and coupons, and watch the amount due fall! It's such a great feeling. Remember all of your ECB will print on the end of your receipt, so make sure you cut them off and save them for your next visit! If you have any questions let me know, I want everyone to save A LOT money!!

No comments: