Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ode to the bathing suit......

Like most women, I hate the part of summer where you have to put on a swim suit. I mean I love the water, the ocean, laying out in the sun and all, but having to put on a swim suit…UGH!! I have never been one who has been 100% happy with my body; there was always something I hated. I still put on the swim suit and stayed in the water or walked around with a towel or cover up. I guess we can blame society for that. Open any magazine, turn on any TV channel or pull up the Internet and all you see are “perfect” women. Don’t get me wrong there are ladies out there who are totally fine with there bodies; I am not one of those women. Now that I have gotten older, had two precious boys my body defiantly doesn’t look the same. I would never trade that either. However I am not opposed to “fixing” any problems I can. Toward the end of March I told my self I would work out, watch what I eat in hopes to reward my self with a pretty new bathing suit. So on March 30th; to be exact I started walking, which now I am up to running. I try to go 5 days a week, but if I don’t make it, it’s alright. I am averaging between 8-10 miles a week, and have gotten to the point where it’s just routine. I go right after work before picking up the boys so I can go home afterwards and not think about it. I’m not going to lie, it still sucks. Its kind-of getting easier; but not really. I don’t think if it ever got easy it wouldn’t be working; I try and push myself so I will see those results. I knew that Memorial Day weekend we would be going out of town to visit family and staying at my aunt and uncle’s house, which I might add have a pool in there back yard. The boys would be begging to go swimming, and I would need to be with them……..in a bathing suit. I know they are family but still, it’s all about how I feel. I wanted to wait until the weekend before to give me the most time, but I figured if I didn’t find one that weekend I wouldn’t have much time during the week and might end up not getting on at all. So this past weekend, I asked my mom to go out with me. I knew she would be honest and tell me what looked good and what didn’t. If you remember from an earlier post I found a super cute bathing suit that I loved…..but not the price. I said if I reached my goal I would reward myself with the nice swim suit. So the first week of working out, I went over to the mall and tried it on. It was cute on the rack but not on me. At least I knew what I didn’t like about my self in it, and knew what I needed to work hard at. Over the next few weeks, I had a change of heart and not matter how well I did with working out it was still pretty pricey. So I found another one that I loved, and that was cheaper. I really wanted to go and try it on, until last week. I knew if I spent good money on a bathing suit I wanted it to last a couple of years. If I bought one now knowing I wanted to loose more weight would I get 2 to 3 years or more wear out of it?? It was over at the mall so my mom and I went the opposite direction and stay closer in town and went to Belk’s and Kohl’s. At Belk’s I was looking through the racks and stumbled across a red bathing suit that looked just like the one in the magazine. I picked it up and yep it was the same one! I didn’t want to try it on, what if I fell in love with it? After trying it on, putting it back on the rack, and going to Kohl’s the bathing suit won. My mom said “some things are just meant to be!” After taking a store survey that gave me 20% off, I bought it!! I love it…I feel great in it…and Michael approves so that’s bonus points! I do have more weight I want to lose, but bathing suits are not like clothes and some how they seem to fit after a little bit of weight loss, I guess it’s the spandex. I will still work hard to lose the weight, but in the mean time enjoy my new bathing suit!