Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Christian and the Dentist....

Follow Up:

Christian did GREAT!! He only complained a little and that was at the end. Only a few tears where shed by him and me, but all is good. He was back to his normal self by Tuesday night!

Orginial Post:

So a couple of weeks ago before Christian went to bed he started complaining about his tooth hurting. It was a rough night, neither one of us got a lot of sleep. The next morning I called the dentist and made an appointment to been seen. I honestly figured he would have a cavity or two, so I didn't prepair my self at all for what I was about to hear. Christian did great, he sat there and let the dentist look around and poke. After a couple of x-rays she came to deliver the bad news. Now Christian brushes his teeth, uses mouth wash, I thought we where doing everything right. They are his baby teeth so I figured he would start loosing them soon. He needs 2 teeth pulled, spacers place where those teeth will be coming out;3 cavities filled; and 2 root canals with crowns! YIKES! I started crying in the middle of the office. I felt like such a bad mother how could I have let it get so bad? The dentist didn't help making me fell any better either. Over the weekend Michael and I talked and we thought about getting a second opinion. I found another dentist that a girlfriend of mine uses and she loves. The appointment went great, she was nice and understanding. She was gentle with Christian and he felt very comfortable with her, which is the most important thing. She agreed about what needed to be done. So today we are heading to the first of 3 appointments. I hope Christian does great and doesn't have any problems, and might be getting an ice cream afterwards! He will be having his 2 teeth pulled, and I hope it all goes well!