Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What is that???

Needless to say I think vulchers are one of the ugliest birds around. They remind me of a turkey and are rather large. The street we live off is pretty wooded and there are a lot of animals that get hit by cars and we see our fair share of these birds. It's never just one it's more like 10. A couple of weeks ago a deer got hit and was moved off to the side, over the next couple of days we would pass and there would literally be 5 or 5 on the deer and another 10-15 in the tree above it. For some reason they wait until the last minute to fly away when a car approaches, so much that one flew into the side of my window one day. Trust me they are big. Well Saturday afternoon when we got home 2 were sitting on our roof. Michael says they can smell up to 10 miles and hover around when they smell an animal. Sunday morning Michael walked down the drive way to get the paper and saw 2 sitting on the roof of our neighbors across the street, I guess you can they where sunning. They sat there for a good 20 min or so. There was a total of 3 and then 1 sitting on the back pourch of there neighbors. GROSS!!! I'm happy to say we have not seen anymore since then so hopefully they have moved on.



 
Posted by Picasa