Follow me....I'll Follow you!!!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

House Project #1

We have lived in our house almost 7 years, and right before we moved in we had just about every room painted and decorated a certain style. Now year’s later I have come to dislike something about each room! Our style has changed and I’m ready to re-do the inside of the house. I don’t know how much longer we will be living in this particular house, however we are currently still there and I have to be happy about it now. One room has taken a back seat to everything else in the house and that is our room, the master! We painted it a dark brown color before moving in since it match the bedding we had at that time. However that bedding has since long gone, and we have not really had a “style” ever since. We bought really nice furniture not too long after we were married and I love it. We have a king size bed, (the hubby is 6 ft 7!) and our room isn’t huge so it takes up a lot of space. Over time we have added an armoire (dark cherry in color) for our TV, a desk ( dark cherry and black), an elliptical machine (black), and our night stands (dark cherry) and what do you get? A brown box with a lot of other dark brown furniture! It makes a small room seem even smaller. I like to think I have good taste, and I get a lot of ideas from my mom. She’s a great decorator and had great ideas too! I have always thought your room needs to be a reflection of who you are and a little get-a-way. Somewhere you can go relax, and enjoy being together. Our room is none of that. I want to walk into our room and be happy about it, and I want Michael to come home and it feel kind of like a get away! So after a little convincing (not really he was pretty much on board from the get go!) We are going to have a “Master Bedroom Make Over!!” I would love to submit my ideas to HGTV and have someone come and red-do it for me, but I don’t think that would happen!

I’m so excited about getting started, and of course seeing the end result!

What do you have in your Master Bedroom that is a must? Or not so much? I'd love to hear any and all ideas!!

No comments: